Kookaburra's Cooking Class Schedule and Events

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our first chirp

Wow! this is it! I have made a new year's resolution to create a blog and write down some of my ups and downs as I create my own path through life's challenges. In Sept of '08, my husband and I dove head first into the deep end of the pool of independent business ownership. I was about to turn 40 and decided I really wanted to start on my 'bucket list'. One of those accomplishments was to start a business that centered around creating fun and fond memories in your kitchen.
I look back and remember as a child loving cooking with my grandmother. Her kitchen always smelled incredible. Scents of cooking bacon, mulling spices and bake goods. OH MY GOODNESS!! I also can't remember what she looked like without her apron on. Funny what we take away as children. Her kitchen table... so versitile, games of Scrabble and Neertz, playdoh; canning corn and potatoes, haircuts, lunches with the farm hands and of course a good scoulding or two not to mention having to sit for hours into the night for NOT cleaning my plate.

Kookaburra's was born from those fond memories ... I hope to bring a re-discovery of sorts to the fun of cooking. No not cooking on Wii or on your DS, but rather rolling up our sleeves getting dirty, making a mess and sounds of laughter my children will never forget.

It would be wonderful to create a movement of those wanting to bring back the heart of the home... that kitchen table!

No comments:

Post a Comment